Tuesday 29 October 2013

Week 3-option 1

Journal entries written by Bruno.

Blog entry week 3-option

Entry 1- day 3
I hate it here! I didn't realise how much my friends really meant to me until they were gone. There's something odd about this place. From my window I can see a peculiar farm filled with people wearing pyjamas, this place also smells funny and I wonder if it has to do with the rubbish being burnt in the incinerators, well that's what father tells me anyway. But I don't know who to believe. The other day I walked in on my mother crying, I was listening in before hand all I could pick up was, "......you said it was miles away" and " ...it's my duty......for the father land....". I still can't make much sense of what mother was screaming and crying about, perhaps she wanted to go home too and hated it here as much as I do. 






Entry 2-week 3
A new friend

I was swinging on the swing Pavel had made simply made from a tire and string. Mum ran out the front door before stopping to ask me something, "Bruno I'm going into town for an hour do you want to come?", going food shopping with mother for a whole hour! I couldn't think of anything worse, "no thanks mum". She replied with a shrug of her shoulders and hopped into the shiny black Sudan. I watched the car slowly drive away and once it was out of site I ran, as fast as I could to the open back door. Mother would never allow me to be do this but what she doesn't know can't hurt her.



Entry 3-week 3

Before I knew where my feet where taking me I ended up at the farm. Electrical and barbed wire that stretched 5 meters high separated me from the farm and strange people wearing pyjamas with numbers on them. But for some reason they didn't look too happy. I was lost so deep in my own thoughts that I didn't even realise the boy sitting cross legged, his head bowed. 



He was also wearing pyjamas and his hair was all shaved off. "Hello" I said wondering if he would understand. "Hello" he replied lifting his head with a smile. There are so many questions I had fluttering around in my head but it wasn't fair to bombard him with questions, so I decided to inform him on myself and hope he would do the same. "I'm Bruno. I live over in that house" but I was eager to know more about him and decided not to bore him with the details of my boring life, "how old are you?". 



He replied with enthusiasm as if I wasn't boring him at all "nine" he said. Great another boy to play with that was actually my age. Before I could ask him another question a whistle blew and immediately he struggled to his feet taking his wheelbarrow with him. "Wait" I called after him, "what's your name". He didn't stop running but turned to yell, "Shmuel". What kind of a name was that! "Shmuel" I said quietly to myself. It was a fun word to say. And just like that he was gone. 


For further information, reviews or to watch the movie online, visit the following websites:
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/7631177/the_boy_in_the_striped_pyjamas/
http://www.abc.net.au/atthemovies/txt/s2539660.htm
http://www.moviewatchersguide.com/2013/01/17what-watch-on-instant-netflix/


1 comment: